As I was just having my evening shower. (I am a twice a day girl) I was thinking about my day and feeling really good about it. The thing is I didn’t really do much, in fact I only left the house to go to the post office and the supermarket.
I love and live a very simple life and have made my life choices to support that. The more I live this way, the more joy I derive from simple pleasures.
So what did I do today?
- Cleaned, dusted and vacuumed my bedroom and changed the sheets. My bedroom is my sanctuary and I love nothing more than slipping between clean linen at night. Even better with a book and a cup of tea.
- Cleaned, dusted and vacuumed the lounge room and did some small re-arrangements.
- Posted off some parcels to clients.
- Bought delicious juicy cherries.
- Spoke with my mum and my best friend.
- Chatted with another dear friend online.
- Dived into same friend’s just launched beautiful website.
- Spent the afternoon at home with my beloved.
- Watered the plants.
- Deleted a ton of emails and unsubscribed from many mailing lists.
- Finished listening to an audio book.
- Drank tea, nothing new but I love my tea – A LOT.
- Ate coconut and mango ice cream.
- Wrote this post.
None of this was earth shattering or life changing but all of it brought me great joy.
You see I have no interest in stuff or things but I love the freedom my life gives me and the simple things that make up my days.